The QFS-A86HV is a direct drop-in 340LPH fuel pump assembly for 1997-2003 Chevrolet S10, GMC Sonoma, Isuzu Hombre that were originally 4.3L V6 powered (the fuel pump assemblies are different between 2.2L and 4.3L). Perfect for LSX swaps requiring additional volume beyond what the stock fuel pump can provide.
Quantum's line of 340LPH direct drop-in fuel pump assemblies do away with the unreliable and problematic venturi canister design found in 1995-2005 GM trucks, vans, and SUV's. Previously, installing a high Walbro 255 or modern 340 pump into an OEM GM canister meant disabling the venturi system by cutting "windows" into the sides of the bucket. Doing so results in canister drain during hard acceleration or cornering, which leads to overheating of the fuel pump. The bandaid solution is to keep the tank at 1/4-1/2 full or above. Quantum's 340LPH assemblies resolve these deficiencies and allow the fuel pump to be upgraded while retaining OEM functionality.
Features & Benefits:
- Clean sheet canister design eliminates unreliable venturi setup and allows the tank to be run to empty
- High Volume QFS 340LPH turbine fuel pump preinstalled, 100% gasoline and/or E85 compatible
- Ethanol safe PTFE/ Teflon corrugated flex hose and Teflon coated wiring throughout
- Updated 40 amp bulkhead connector to handle additional amperage load of high volume pump
- New float arm, sending unit, tank seal, and 4-way wiring connector included
- Lifetime Warranty
Can also be used on stock motors until engine swap has been completed--will not overpower factory fuel pressure regulator.